Creative Media Production
The objectives of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Creative Media Production (BRITISH SCHOOL OF MEDIA AND JOURNALISM) are
- To equip students with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global creative media production.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in creative media production including sound media, visual effects, motion graphics, web & app development, games development, journalism and film & television.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
- To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in creative media production, or progress to higher education qualifications.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
- To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of creative media production and, for those students with a global outlook, to aspire to international career pathways.
- To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large, with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment.
- To provide opportunities for students to achieve certifications.
- To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field, with particular emphasis on achieving management-level positions, professional recognition and beyond.
- To allow flexibility of study and to meet local or specialist needs.
- To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
- To provide students with opportunities to engage in an industry-recognised apprenticeship scheme that aligns with their employer’s needs and their own career aspirations.
- To provide students with the context in which to consider professional ethics and their relation to personal, professional and statutory responsibilities within the industry.
- Video Editor
- Television Producer
- Television Scriptwriter
- Television Studio Operator
- Television/Radio announcer
- Digital Journalist
- Print Journalist